Partners In Recovery – Darling Downs & South West QLD
Welcome to Partners in Recovery
The Toowoomba Clubhouse delivers the Partners in Recovery Program (PIR) in the Toowoomba region as part of a consortium with Lifeline Darling Downs. We have Support Facilitators located at the Toowoomba Clubhouse who support participants and actively bring change to the sector while creating new pathways for people with a mental illness.
PIR aims to support people with severe and persistent mental illness with complex needs and their carers and families, by getting multiple sectors, services and supports they may come into contact with (and could benefit from) to work in a more collaborative, coordinated and integrated way.
What is Partners in Recovery?
The PIR program is the mechanism that will ‘glue together’ all the services within the region than an individual may require.
The ultimate objective of the initiative is to improve the system response for Participants through:
- better coordination of services tailored to meet the participants individual needs
- strengthening partnerships and building better links between clinical and community support organisations
- improving referral pathways
- promoting a community based recovery model
Partners in Recovery is not a case management model and does not provide direct clinical service delivery
Who is Eligible for Partners in Recovery?
The Participant must be 18 years and over
The Participant must experience a severe and persistent mental illness
- The Participant has complex identified needs requiring services from multiple agencies
- The Participant must not have existing care coordination arrangements in place
- The Participant or their legal guardian has indicated their willingness to participate in the PIR program
Who Delivers PIR?
The Darling Downs South West Qld Partners in Recovery program is delivered through a consortium partnership led by Lifeline Darling Downs who are providing the overall management of this program. The consortium consists of several other partners who are all responsible for managing the Care Coordination of participants needs through Support Facilitators.
To make a referral or access further information visit our local PIR consortia web page at: http://www.partnersinrecovery.net.au/