Employment and Education
Members can be supported to access employment, training and education pathways through a variety of different opportunities.
Discovering Life Through Employment
Discovering Life Through Employment (DLTE) is a Toowoomba Clubhouse program where participants complete a qualification in a variety of different vocations. Participants are supported by the Project Coordinator and the training organisation to undertake the training and complete assessments. Participants are also supported to find employment as part of the program.
Qualifications on Offer
- Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways
(bridging course to develop skills to enter a Certificate III Qualification)
- Certificate III Hospitality (Front of House SIT30616), Training through CEDAR Centre
- Certificate II in Horticulture (AHC20416), training through TAFE South West
If you are interested in being a participant of Discovering Life Through Employment or require more information about eligibility please contact Emma via:
phone 0400 389 081 or 46324688
- email email@example.com
This training is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative
Participants in the Discovering Life Through Employment Program who study Certificate III in Hospitality are able to complete their work experience shifts at Toowoomba Clubhouse - assisting other members in the kitchen at lunch as well as participating in the coffee making, table service and cooking of many dinner and breakfast events that happen at Clubhouse.
Job Readiness Program 2018
Clubhouse also has opportunities for members to attend a Job Readiness Program. These programs run once a month starting with a two day workshop.
This program includes:
- Job Readiness Workshop - resume writing, cover letter practice (real life job), identifying strengths, managing stress in the workplace and attending mock interviews.The Clubhouse Job Readiness Workshop runs once a month over two days from 10am to 3pm. Please call to ask about the next workshop.
- Attending Work Ordered Day Program at Clubhouse to practice turning up to a shift, wearing a 'uniform' and learning practical skills
- Gaining Feedback from Clubhouse staff to upskill and gain the confidence to enter the workforce
If you’d like to become job ready, please call Clubhouse on 46324688 and book a time to meet with a staff member.
More Information - Education & Employment
Other Education Pathways - Unversity bridging program
Toowoomba Clubhouse is a community partner in the Clemente program, run by St Vincent De Paul Society and USQ, Clemente involves completing one university study unit per semester, and supports people to get ready for further university study. Contact Toowoomba Clubhouse for more information.